HA·RA·LOOKS

The place to share your style with the world.
Sweet Rock n' Roll  Look

Sweet Rock n' Roll

by Retromantique ( 2763 ) – see all looks
  • JACKET: Anna Sui Fall 2011
  • TOP: Anna Sui Spring 2010
  • SKIRT: Anna Sui Fall 2011
  • TIGHTS: Anna Sui Fall 2010
  • SHOES: Steve Madden
It's been a while! Today at work, I decided I couldn't resist anymore wearing my future new jacket (still waiting to reach the total 398$ in credits to take it home from the store!). I had this lavender top I was practically never wearing fault of having some to go with it...and I think they work really well together! I was also hoping to wear the studded matte jersey shorts that go with the jacket but Sally isn't done altering it from a size 4 to size 2 for me. :( So I wore the matching skirt instead. I really like how it all came out, especially how the top's sleeves with the jacket's rolled up ones make a nice color blocking.

The thing I have doubts about is my makeup; I show a closeup of it because I think it's nice on its own but I feel I should have wore a heavier eye makeup to fit the character of the studded jacket.

Anyways, I was really feeling great in this look today and I can't wait to bring the studded matte jersey set home and do more fits with them! 3

(Thank you to Tsewyou (that you can see in the back!) for the pictures :3)
Posted September 11, 2011
 

Comments on This Look


71    
I lovee the shirt and that vest too 3 And I agree with your makeup, but just a bit heavier would be fine imo.

I really like the thights too, but I feel like the skirts is kind of plain or maybe too long? I wouldn't picture you going around in mini skirts, but I find this one kind of "bleh" compared to everything else. I know the top is already busy, but maybe some plain black shorts or a tiny bit shorter skirt could make it work better?

Maybe it's just me tho, I like legs.

Annd your hair up like this is a winner, it looks so cute ;w; You could do these ponytails with straight hair and big curls at the end of it, it'd be so awesome ♡

941    
Like the feel...

But where is ur waist? :(

And the jacket length and skirt length that nzmonstarr mentioned... proportions seam too normal for that punk rockerish feel with elegance that you're going for.

Do like the styling though, just not so much the silhouette.

2763    
(September 11, 2011 08:13 PM)nzmonstarr said: I lovee the shirt and that vest too 3 And I agree with your makeup, but just a bit heavier would be fine imo.

I really like the thights too, but I feel like the skirts is kind of plain or maybe too long? I wouldn't picture you going around in mini skirts, but I find this one kind of "bleh" compared to everything else. I know the top is already busy, but maybe some plain black shorts or a tiny bit shorter skirt could make it work better?

Maybe it's just me tho, I like legs.

Annd your hair up like this is a winner, it looks so cute ;w; You could do these ponytails with straight hair and big curls at the end of it, it'd be so awesome ♡

I don't have anything to curl my hair with, though! As for the bottom, like I said, I do have short shorts! But you know, because of the angle, you don't see much of my legs. There was "much more legs" IRL.

(September 11, 2011 08:23 PM)cowsareforeating said: Like the feel...

But where is ur waist? :(

And the jacket length and skirt length that nzmonstarr mentioned... proportions seam too normal for that punk rockerish feel with elegance that you're going for.

Do like the styling though, just not so much the silhouette.

My waist? It's where the skirt starts! You can see here:

[Image: tYuKp.jpg]

I do kind of see what you mean with the proportions, though. Waist-level skirts are considered "conservative", after all. I think that the asymetrical details of the skirt made up for the "rockerish" feel, though!

Thanks for your concrit, both of you :)

For me, style is about spirit and attitude. My style is not about “age,” it’s about having a little fun, opting for a bit of glamour, and not taking yourself so seriously.
~Anna Sui

My personal blog: Rétromantique
Anna Sui appreciation blog: Rock on! Anna Sui

Looking for


70s style bell bottom jeans
Gold metallic like this or beige bejeweled heels like that

478    
Gorgeous as always! Ponytails really suit you.
I do agree with the comments about skirt length though. With a knee length and no flare it looks too corporate and takes away some of the edge the jacket possesses.


2763    
Thank you! So many people tell me the same thing about my hair :P

I was thinking about adding that skirt to my list of items in waiting to be brought home but you know what, after hearing you all disliking it I think I'll pass and just be satisfied with the matching shorts :)

For me, style is about spirit and attitude. My style is not about “age,” it’s about having a little fun, opting for a bit of glamour, and not taking yourself so seriously.
~Anna Sui

My personal blog: Rétromantique
Anna Sui appreciation blog: Rock on! Anna Sui

Looking for


70s style bell bottom jeans
Gold metallic like this or beige bejeweled heels like that

387    
LIAR! These tights are from last year!
LOL 3

Killer outfit.
I must say I think it looked better irl.
Maybe the skirt would need a "poof" so it would defined your waist better.
Because she's a bit toned down compared to the rest!

4362    
Nice outfit still but I agree with what everyone said. This jacket is so sick though.

brad-t.tumblr.com
HARAJUJU founder, admin

72    
I LOVE your hair like this! And I agree with you on your makeup...on it's own it's really lovely and I actually really like it, but it just doesn't suit the outfit.

I'd love to see this outfit with shorts, or a shorter & poofier skirt!


2671    
Hmm, to add to the makeup, maybe a bright red, glossy lip? That always screams rock and roll to me and I think it would work well with your same neutral eye makeup.

Retromantique (This post was last modified: September 11, 2011 11:06 PM by Retromantique.) September 11, 2011 11:04 PM

2763    
(September 11, 2011 09:40 PM)Tsewyou said: LIAR! These tights are from last year!
LOL 3

Killer outfit.
I must say I think it looked better irl.
Maybe the skirt would need a "poof" so it would defined your waist better.
Because she's a bit toned down compared to the rest!

But...I said they were 2010, lol?
Also yes, you are the only one who saw it IRL and can attest that the picture cannot capture the outfit perfectly. I really liked how the skirt would move around with its pleats when I was walking, did you notice?

(September 11, 2011 10:09 PM)brad-t said: Nice outfit still but I agree with what everyone said. This jacket is so sick though.

It really is, thank you!
(September 11, 2011 10:55 PM)hachidork said: I LOVE your hair like this! And I agree with you on your makeup...on it's own it's really lovely and I actually really like it, but it just doesn't suit the outfit.

I'd love to see this outfit with shorts, or a shorter & poofier skirt!

You will see the outfit with shorts, since Sally is altering the matching ones to fit me :)
But I don't think I'd wear a shorter skirt. Poofier maybe, but not shorter. I like keeping a slight sense of modesty in my style :)
(September 11, 2011 10:58 PM)galism said: Hmm, to add to the makeup, maybe a bright red, glossy lip? That always screams rock and roll to me and I think it would work well with your same neutral eye makeup.

Audrey was just telling me earlier how Canon doesn't capture the reds properly, she's right haha! The makeup I was wearing is actually my adaptation of The Kissing Game makeup style, where the focus is on nice candy red glossy lips. I have an ever darker red lipgloss, but IRL Lip Gloss C #300 is a really perfect shade of red. I wish the makeup shot could have captured that better!

For me, style is about spirit and attitude. My style is not about “age,” it’s about having a little fun, opting for a bit of glamour, and not taking yourself so seriously.
~Anna Sui

My personal blog: Rétromantique
Anna Sui appreciation blog: Rock on! Anna Sui

Looking for


70s style bell bottom jeans
Gold metallic like this or beige bejeweled heels like that

2671    
(September 11, 2011 11:04 PM)Retromantique said: Audrey was just telling me earlier how Canon doesn't capture the reds properly, she's right haha! The makeup I was wearing is actually my adaptation of The Kissing Game makeup style, where the focus is on nice candy red glossy lips. I have an ever darker red lipgloss, but IRL Lip Gloss C #300 is a really perfect shade of red. I wish the makeup shot could have captured that better!

How bold is Lip Gloss C #300 in real life? Have you considered upgrading to a glossy red lipstick instead?


2763    
You mean like a lipstick rather than a gloss? As for #300, if you only put one layer, is not that bold. However, I put so much of #300 to make my lips super crazy wet looking that it's really in yo face red, especially with the eye makeup and blush I chose to go with it. I mean I'm not surprised it doesn't come out as it is, because even #400, which is my most striking red lipgloss (nazmonstarr can attest), wasn't captured by our Canon camera properly on my look where I used it. It looked pink, ffs!

For me, style is about spirit and attitude. My style is not about “age,” it’s about having a little fun, opting for a bit of glamour, and not taking yourself so seriously.
~Anna Sui

My personal blog: Rétromantique
Anna Sui appreciation blog: Rock on! Anna Sui

Looking for


70s style bell bottom jeans
Gold metallic like this or beige bejeweled heels like that

387    
@ Retro: Goddamn... all that "2011 2010" confused the shit out of me xD.
And yes, the skirt is really flowy and the fabrics is wonderful in "movement".
But if it at a little spring to the end of it... a little A shape, I don't know.

BUT IT'S STILL PRETTY SEXY.

And yes, Marie was wearing (a ton of) a pretty striking pink lipgloss.
But maybe you should try putting a red or pink non-translucide lipstick and apply lipgloss on top, I think it would add more awesomeness to the kissing game makeup c:

2763    
But #300 IS red haha, altough it's true if you compare it to say, #400 or #401, it's a pinkish shade of red. But I think you have a good idea, like wearing a matte striking red lipstick and applying lipgloss over it.

Or maybe just use Lip Rouge G #400, what do you think?

For me, style is about spirit and attitude. My style is not about “age,” it’s about having a little fun, opting for a bit of glamour, and not taking yourself so seriously.
~Anna Sui

My personal blog: Rétromantique
Anna Sui appreciation blog: Rock on! Anna Sui

Looking for


70s style bell bottom jeans
Gold metallic like this or beige bejeweled heels like that

387    
YOU SO CONFUSING ME WITH YOUR NUMBER. *go check on teh interweb*

For me the only really red lipgloss of AS is the #450.
All the others are pink, more purple or more red, but mainly "pink".

Actually, I'd go with the Vivid collection for a base lipstick.
Since the G collection is quite a "lipgloss" on it's own and maybe too transparent... (but it really varies so I couldn't say for all shades)

#460 would look amazing with the new clear lipgloss on top, a small touch of glitters 3
#360 would work for all the other Pink Lipgloss C tho :)

2763    
(September 11, 2011 11:39 PM)Tsewyou said: YOU SO CONFUSING ME WITH YOUR NUMBER. *go check on teh interweb*

For me the only really red lipgloss of AS is the #450.
All the others are pink, more purple or more red, but mainly "pink".

Actually, I'd go with the Vivid collection for a base lipstick.
Since the G collection is quite a "lipgloss" on it's own and maybe too transparent... (but it really varies so I couldn't say for all shades)

#460 would look amazing with the new clear lipgloss on top, a small touch of glitters 3
#360 would work for all the other Pink Lipgloss C tho :)

#400 and #401 are big time reds, #450 is from the R range, the two others are from C. #300 was qualified "Candy Red" by the Anna Sui Makeup artist, but it's true that it has pink. Next time we hang out at the counter we'll compare :P

And your mix ideas sound good, I want to try at the VIP night!

For me, style is about spirit and attitude. My style is not about “age,” it’s about having a little fun, opting for a bit of glamour, and not taking yourself so seriously.
~Anna Sui

My personal blog: Rétromantique
Anna Sui appreciation blog: Rock on! Anna Sui

Looking for


70s style bell bottom jeans
Gold metallic like this or beige bejeweled heels like that

2671    
(September 11, 2011 11:23 PM)Retromantique said: You mean like a lipstick rather than a gloss? As for #300, if you only put one layer, is not that bold. However, I put so much of #300 to make my lips super crazy wet looking that it's really in yo face red, especially with the eye makeup and blush I chose to go with it. I mean I'm not surprised it doesn't come out as it is, because even #400, which is my most striking red lipgloss (nazmonstarr can attest), wasn't captured by our Canon camera properly on my look where I used it. It looked pink, ffs!

Yeah, I think a lipstick would be the way to go, since it's typically more pigmented than gloss. This is the effect I'm imagining in my head:

http://i.imgur.com/lpnSo.jpg


941    
(September 11, 2011 10:09 PM)brad-t said: This jacket is so sick though.

this. B)

2763    
(September 12, 2011 12:04 AM)galism said: Yeah, I think a lipstick would be the way to go, since it's typically more pigmented than gloss. This is the effect I'm imagining in my head:

http://i.imgur.com/lpnSo.jpg

Ahhh, now I see what you meant! I'd love to try that style.

(September 12, 2011 01:36 AM)cowsareforeating said: this. B)

Well, at least that's that for you :P I'm really happy about it too. Can't wait to get the electric blue tunic that was worn with it on the runway.

For me, style is about spirit and attitude. My style is not about “age,” it’s about having a little fun, opting for a bit of glamour, and not taking yourself so seriously.
~Anna Sui

My personal blog: Rétromantique
Anna Sui appreciation blog: Rock on! Anna Sui

Looking for


70s style bell bottom jeans
Gold metallic like this or beige bejeweled heels like that

Join the conversation.

Create Your Account