HARAJUJU
DIY Fashion - Printable Version

+- HARAJUJU (http://harajuju.net)
+-- Forum: HA·RA·STYLE (/Forum-HARASTYLE)
+--- Forum: Style and Fashion (/Forum-Style-and-Fashion)
+--- Thread: DIY Fashion (/Topic-DIY-Fashion)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

RE: DIY Fashion - VisualRebellion - May 13, 2011 01:42 AM

It looks sexy ♥

RE: DIY Fashion - Composer of Requiems - May 13, 2011 02:27 AM

Oh cool! Glad it turned out successful :D

RE: DIY Fashion - Rin - May 13, 2011 04:48 AM

yea me too, actually the arm hole is kinda large but...you can't see it in the photos XP

RE: DIY Fashion - Retromantique - May 13, 2011 10:34 AM

Wowww so cool! Here's a heart for you!

RE: DIY Fashion - galism - May 13, 2011 08:29 PM

(May 11, 2011 03:34 AM)milk said: Going to do some customization either this weekend or the next!
Bought this KISS shirt to cut up and stud, and I'm also considering mutilating a pair of hideous old jeans using this tutorial.

Speaking of cutting up t-shirts, there was a tutorial in the June issue of JELLY for this exact project:

[Image: oVw1p.jpg]

And that blog you linked to is so cute! Those kind of shorts—high-waisted, pastel, shredded, studded, etc.—seem to be really popular right now. I'm definitely a fan, though, I love high-waisted stuff. <3

RE: DIY Fashion - milk - May 13, 2011 09:33 PM

Ooh, thanks for the tutorial!
The shirt I'll be cutting up came in the mail yesterday, so I can get started tonight. No studs though, so I'll buy those tomorrow...
For those curious, I was planning on doing something similar to the end product of the World Series Baseball shirt: cutting a scoopneck and cutting slits. I'll be adding a few studs around the collar as a finishing touch.
I probably won't start the jean shorts until next week after testing though.

RE: DIY Fashion - Sanguine Prince - May 13, 2011 11:01 PM

(May 2, 2011 10:29 AM)Composer of Requiems said: Black T-shirt + fabric paint-
[Image: d6Btm.jpg]

It's some kinda shimmery deep purple paint, I did the same snakeskin technique as the jeans. Next I'm gonna see if I can figure out how to do a leopard print hahahaha

Wow, that cools really cool. :)

RE: DIY Fashion - Rin - May 20, 2011 04:21 AM

thanks retro : D
and omg galism I like the grey one so much ><
i know cutting up shirts like that is nothing special and pretty common but i'm always scared I might screw up terribly @.@ which I did once...

RE: DIY Fashion - Zanda - May 21, 2011 12:54 PM

I love that tutorial Galism! and cutting up tshirts IS SO FUN XP I really want to try the fringey one now.
I agree it can be scary when you first try Rin, but what i did was get some cheap cotton black/white/grey t-shirt to practice what you want to achieve, that is always good before you try it on a really nice tshirt.

I am trying this right now
[Image: 021-1.jpg]
[Image: AAAAAi-5vC8AAAAAAOeuWA.jpg]
so far i ruined my first two try because cutting circles is tricky :C

RE: DIY Fashion - Rob - May 21, 2011 10:47 PM

(May 12, 2011 06:56 AM)VisualRebellion said: Composer of Requiems: I love the snake skin look! Amazing! ♥

one of the latest things I did~

I got invited to a japan event as a cosplay model~ The outfit was very rushed but it looks decent in photo's. I learnt a lot making this b*tch <<

Sheryl Freaking Nome, that's awesome! :D

RE: DIY Fashion - Acara - July 15, 2011 01:11 AM

It's not really fashion, more like a costume or a cosplay, but I want to share it with you anyway! I'm very surprised by how well it turned out since I didn't use any pattern or tutorial. All by myself, for my boyfriend, since he has a live action role-playing game this weekend (tomorrow!) and he didn't get 75% of his stuff on time. :(

[Image: 264908_2030268329865_1638817701_1932069_6118993_n.jpg]

Sorry for the cheap webcam picture, but the shape is the most important thing to me ^.^

RE: DIY Fashion - nikkiwebsterrulz - July 15, 2011 09:26 AM

It looks rather uneven; though I like the white layering beneath. :)

RE: DIY Fashion - Retromantique - July 15, 2011 10:05 AM

Wow, you did that with no pattern and no tutorial? That's what I call love.

RE: DIY Fashion - Acara - July 15, 2011 11:26 AM

(July 15, 2011 09:26 AM)nikkiwebsterrulz said: It looks rather uneven; though I like the white layering beneath. :)
Keep in mind that he will have to wear a shield all day long, I had to make one side shorter :P

As of the asymmetric front part, I thought it was a pretty cool mistake! I never thought it could make it look uneven though, I'll keep an eye on that next time I do something similar :3 Thanks a lot!

Retro ; <3

RE: DIY Fashion - Synthese - December 21, 2011 04:51 PM

Here's a crosspost from another forum:

This was my first shot at jewelry-making, and it was such a pain in the ass that It'll probably be my last as well. For a while, at least.

A necklace, pour une fille, made of sea-glass she collected whilst we cavorted 'mongst the waves gyre'd and gimble'd in the wabe here:
[Image: eM7Cq.jpg]
[Image: 3IhFl.jpg]

RE: DIY Fashion - Retromantique - December 21, 2011 04:52 PM

That is so nice Synthese ;___; ♥

RE: DIY Fashion - LovePunch - December 21, 2011 05:01 PM

That looks really nice! Jewelry making is a hassle, but very rewarding when you can make *just* want you want, instead of searching high and low in stores for you vision of the perfect accessory.

RE: DIY Fashion - Retromantique - December 21, 2011 05:04 PM

LovePunch, you should give him a heart if you like it ^_^

RE: DIY Fashion - LovePunch - December 21, 2011 05:18 PM

I did. I meant to originally, but I had wondered off away from the computer for a while haha

RE: DIY Fashion - Crisea - December 29, 2011 04:30 PM

Your creations are really beautiful!! TT_TT You guys are so productive!

Anyway, this is one of recent rush creations. I combined two of my past works, because I had to make a brooch for my dance outfit. Haha! The black floral fabric is from a long skirt that I cut short, then I added a white ribbon on it. The small laces are from my blouse which I don't feel like wearing anymore so I took off its laces (because it was of good quality). I made the pink bow from excess fabric and the beads are from my necklace that was not usable anymore.

I should have named this "Reborn" instead of "Remix". Hahaha!

[Image: remix_brooch_by_crisealeveri-d4kkhcd.jpg]
http://crisealeveri.deviantart.com/#/d4kkhcd

Seeing your works compared to mine makes me want to stop schooling and just do crafts. Hahaha! Just kidding :P