HARAJUJU
Random Thoughts: Style Edition - Printable Version

+- HARAJUJU (http://harajuju.net)
+-- Forum: HA·RA·STYLE (/Forum-HARASTYLE)
+--- Forum: Style and Fashion (/Forum-Style-and-Fashion)
+--- Thread: Random Thoughts: Style Edition (/Topic-Random-Thoughts-Style-Edition)

RE: Random Thoughts: Style Edition - Rob - January 24, 2012 03:53 PM

(January 24, 2012 12:43 PM)Synthese said: I even fund myself wanting - gasp - a pair of chinos! sweet tapered ones, though, not lame ones.

I also hear this siren song.

RE: Random Thoughts: Style Edition - Retromantique - January 24, 2012 03:54 PM

GO AWAY BEFORE YOU CONTAMINATE BRAD TOO

RE: Random Thoughts: Style Edition - brad-t - January 24, 2012 03:57 PM

ugh, chinos

RE: Random Thoughts: Style Edition - Retromantique - January 24, 2012 03:58 PM

a.k.a grandpa pants

RE: Random Thoughts: Style Edition - hollow - January 24, 2012 04:03 PM

Watch Samurai Champloo if you haven't already.

RE: Random Thoughts: Style Edition - Retromantique - January 24, 2012 04:24 PM

Yeah, Brad and I finished it last week and we were grieving the thought of having no more Samurai Champloo episodes to watch. So stylish, so well animated, so fun. This scene made me ♥______________♥:

[Image: 1210399367796750file.jpg]

So badass. Animated personification of a God, I tell you.

RE: Random Thoughts: Style Edition - brad-t - January 24, 2012 04:45 PM

lol his pecs are like 3x the size of his head

RE: Random Thoughts: Style Edition - Retromantique - January 24, 2012 04:51 PM

LOL it's not as bad as Kenpachi (who despite coming from a mediocre anime, is still one of my all-time favourite characters due to how entertaning he is)

[Image: SiR5j.jpg]

RE: Random Thoughts: Style Edition - LovePunch - January 24, 2012 06:31 PM

(January 24, 2012 04:03 PM)hollow said: Watch Samurai Champloo if you haven't already.

This is funny, I just got the DVD set because I love it that much.

Also, watch Eureka Seven. Cool stuff.

RE: Random Thoughts: Style Edition - Retromantique - January 24, 2012 06:43 PM

Sorry for the terrible paint image, but I'm at work and got no photoshop...but anyway, here's the coordinate I have in mind to wear to the next Anna Sui fashion show in Feb (IF those pieces are sold at the Anna Sui store, they have their own selection)

[Image: K4pGN.jpg]
(the image under the back of the coat is to show the colour I would get it in instead of black)

If I can't find a cheap but ok looking orange bag I'll go with my black one, and I haven't figured what to do jewelry and accessories wise yet. If I wear my black bag I'll wear a black necklace, and if orange an orange one (love two or two-and-a-half tones outfits *__*). My legs will either be bare or I'll wear nude tights...or MAYBE black tights if I keep my black bag and match it with a black necklace.

Also keep in mind those shoes are more burnt-orange IRL, those pics are blown out. Beauty style like this:

Suggestions? If you know cheap places to shop in NYC for accessories/jewelry please fire away!

RE: Random Thoughts: Style Edition - galism - January 24, 2012 06:59 PM

Do you have any other options for coats? I keep imagining that amazing Anna Sui black fur jacket over and over again, maybe because it reminds me of something a glamorous movie star would wear in the 1940's, haha. I know you said it's quite expensive, though...could Sally lend you something similar? Maybe if there's enough time you could try searching at vintage or thrift shops?

I like the idea of black tights or even black knee high socks. The shoes will really pop! Plus your bare legs might get cold if the weather is typical February weather. D;

RE: Random Thoughts: Style Edition - Retromantique - January 24, 2012 07:04 PM

Are you talking about one of the Fall 2011 coats? If they still have them in stock, I would definitely try, as I see what you are picturing!

And I have no patience whatsoever for thrift and vintage shops, though .__.

And the more I think of it... the more I like the idea of black tights, yes! But then I'd really want my coat to be aubergine purple rather than black. Love the colour contrast of orange and purple.

RE: Random Thoughts: Style Edition - galism - January 24, 2012 07:06 PM

(January 24, 2012 07:04 PM)Retromantique said: Are you talking about one of the Fall 2011 coats?

Yup, it's this one:

http://www.revolveclothing.com/DisplayProduct.jsp?product=ASUI-WO15&c=Anna+Sui

RE: Random Thoughts: Style Edition - LovePunch - January 24, 2012 07:18 PM

There are tons of places (boutiques, etc) with cheap but cute and decent looking accessories in Soho. Try a few thrift shops too maybe?

RE: Random Thoughts: Style Edition - Retromantique - January 24, 2012 07:19 PM

Well the thing I like about the first coat is that it is light enough and would be wearable inside Lincoln Center, while fur coats in general are quite a bother to carry around (I know by experience, I have a polar-bear like white faux fur coat for winter!). BUT fur coats are much more oustanding in public...and they would be on sale as well, so @__@

This coat was $1764:

[Image: hUiQ4.jpg]

But it's real fur and I'd prefer faux fur is possible. There was a faux fur version of it, we never know, one of them might still be in stock! That'd be nice, because I could see it working with other pieces I have.

LovePunch: I will only have one day to shop before the fashion show, so I'd rather not loose time wandering around SoHo and instead go for specific places, so do you have any names?

RE: Random Thoughts: Style Edition - galism - January 24, 2012 07:27 PM

(January 24, 2012 07:19 PM)Retromantique said: Well the thing I like about the first coat is that it is light enough and would be wearable inside Lincoln Center, while fur coats in general are quite a bother to carry around (I know by experience, I have a polar-bear like white faux fur coat for winter!). BUT fur coats are much more oustanding in public...and they would be on sale as well, so @__@

This coat was $1764:

http://i.imgur.com/hUiQ4.jpg

But it's real fur and I'd prefer faux fur is possible. There was a faux fur version of it, we never know, one of them might still be in stock! That'd be nice, because I could see it working with other pieces I have.

This isn't the right color purple–at least I don't think—but maybe it helps:

http://us.asos.com/ASOS-Colored-Faux-Fur-Coat/x75se/?iid=1724720&SearchQuery=faux%20fur%20coat&Rf-200=8&sh=0&pge=0&pgesize=20&sort=-1&clr=Purple&mporgp=L0FTT1MvQVNPUy1Db2xvdXJlZC1GYXV4LUZ1ci1Db2F0L1Byb2Qv

The price is certainly right!

RE: Random Thoughts: Style Edition - LovePunch - January 24, 2012 08:39 PM

I hear Laila Rowe is nice(they have multiple locations), Honestly a lot of places are hit or miss, depending on what's currently in stock, and I'd be lying if I said I remembered every accessory shop I've been in. BUT I will say, do not underestimate the large flagship (is it a flagship?) H&M in NYC. It's one of the better ones, and there are some cute accessories to be found. I wish I could be of more help :(

Oh! but while we're on the subject, there's this place in Prospect Heights called 1 of a Find that you might like (it's all about vintage 50's/60's/70's feminine stuff) it's more pricey (though considering the worth vs price of some of the items, it might be fair) http://www.1ofafindvintage.com/index.php

RE: Random Thoughts: Style Edition - brad-t - January 24, 2012 09:36 PM

(January 24, 2012 07:27 PM)galism said: This isn't the right color purple–at least I don't think—but maybe it helps:

http://us.asos.com/ASOS-Colored-Faux-Fur-Coat/x75se/?iid=1724720&SearchQuery=faux%20fur%20coat&Rf-200=8&sh=0&pge=0&pgesize=20&sort=-1&clr=Purple&mporgp=L0FTT1MvQVNPUy1Db2xvdXJlZC1GYXV4LUZ1ci1Db2F0L1Byb2Qv

The price is certainly right!

I don't really like this with this dress -- the AS one works because it has no zipper and a longer neckline, and is more cropped. I also can't see a black coat with this dress either. I personally think the coat Retro posted could work, but I'd have to see it in person to be sure.

Maybe a purple fur shawl or something could be cool, but where do you find something like that? haa

RE: Random Thoughts: Style Edition - galism - January 24, 2012 11:09 PM

(January 24, 2012 09:36 PM)brad-t said: I don't really like this with this dress -- the AS one works because it has no zipper and a longer neckline, and is more cropped. I also can't see a black coat with this dress either. I personally think the coat Retro posted could work, but I'd have to see it in person to be sure.

Well, my main question about the zippered coat was really the shape, not the color.

I just get the feeling that something shorter, boxier, and more voluminous—like the fur jacket or something similar—would contrast better with the overall proportions and shape of the dress and really show it off. The zippered coat could still work, though. Like you said, it really would be best to see it in person.

RE: Random Thoughts: Style Edition - hollow - January 24, 2012 11:27 PM

I love bleach! Just don't have the patience to understand it anymore they add on too much bullshit. And Samurai Champloo is just amazing. The art and the music. Nujabes <3